Welcome to Cinco Ranch’s very own Irish pub at Villagio Town Center!
THE PUBLIC HOUSE
Good Food, Good Beer, Good Whiskey, Good FUN!SEE OUR SPECIALS
What’s Happening at The Public House?
The Public House gives patrons a glimpse of Ireland’s pub culture.
Our kitchen service is currently suspended at The Public House Bar & Grill while we work on a new and improved menu.
The Place to Meet Friends for a Good Time!
Music, Darts, Pool and More!
Come by TODAY to see what you’ve been missing!See Games & Entertainment
The Public House
Definition According to Webster’s:
- n. Chiefly British or Irish
- A place, such as a tavern or bar, that is licensed to sell alcoholic beverages
- Informally known as a pub
Irish Bragging Rights
- In 1680, the Irishman Hans Sloane invented chocolate milk. To honor him, The Public House serves a rich, decadent fudge and caramel lava cake on our dessert menu. Enjoy!
- Did you know that John Phillip Holland of County Clare invented the submarine in 1878? The “Holland 1″ was 14 feet in length and dove 12 feet.
- You can thank Robert Boyle for your chemistry classes. He developed chemistry as we know it with the publication of his book, “The Sceptical Chymist” in 1661.
- Hat tip to Robert Percival, professor of chemistry at Trinity College in Dublin, who invented soda water in 1800.
- Learn more on our Pub Life page!
Wisdom of the Irish
If you’re enough lucky to be Irish… you’re lucky enough!
Time is a great story teller.
A drink precedes a story.
A friend’s eye is a good mirror.
Your Irish Pub in the Heart of Katy, Texas!
Enjoy a slice of Ireland in Cinco Ranch, right smack dab in the heart of Katy, Texas! The Public House is an Irish pub established for friends old and new at Villagio Town Center. We feature the best in Irish fare, such as our signature house fish & chips with fat sliced potatoes and cod battered with Shiner beer — plus an Irish twist on nachos, our famous Paddy Melt dripping with goodness… and, of course, Irish Coffee! We adore the Irish culture so much that we added a “Pub Life” section filled with bragging rights and trivia. In fact, we serve a scrumptious fudge and caramel Lava Cake in honor of Irishman Hans Sloane, the inventor of chocolate milk!
Come visit us! You’ll also find American comfort foods that can’t be beat, from build-your-own hamburgers to our delicious Philly cheese steaks. Of course, alcohol is part and parcel of the pub… and we don’t disappoint! You’ll be amazed at the beer selection available at The Public House, including Guinness and the best macro brews from around the globe. But we also favor local micro brews from Katy, such as No Label Brewing craft beers and others from the Houston area, including St. Arnold’s. We keep 10 on draft and dozens and dozens bottled and iced for your drinking pleasure.
The Irish produce some of the finest whiskeys in the world, so our liquor selection is divine, as well. Enjoy Glenlivet, Macallan and Jameson Irish Whiskeys, plus other European delights. For those preferring wine, please visit our wine list… and imbibe an assortment of mixed drinks and cocktails.
The point is to relax and have a good time. We provide a welcome atmosphere! Curl up in a corner and enjoy our free WiFi, or watch sports on nine high definition flat screen TVs. There’s also darts, Giant Kanga, a pool table, Golden Tee and Buck Hunter. In fact, The Public House makes sure there is something for everyone in Katy, Texas, from Cinco Ranch and beyond!
Words of Praise for The Public House
“Plates are gorgeous, food is cooked to perfection, and the beer selection makes my day!”
~ Murray R.
Get News, Events and Specials
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our free newsletter.
We promise not to ever sell your information.
Give Us a Shout